This is just my little blog on lots of big things. I'm 27 and happily married to a darling man that I'm honored to call my husband. I've been diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis which has put a damper on starting a family. So here you will read about my struggles with my health, infertility, my relationship with my husband, and most importantly..my relationship with God and how day by day he is guiding me in a life that I'm proud to live.




Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11

I don't have much to write about today. I feel that complaining about laundry and packing for my trip is trivial compared to what today is. September 11th is still so fresh in my mind, but unfortunately it seems like it's the farthest thing from a lot of people's these days. I will never forget where I was, what I felt, how scared I was, wondering what was happening, why would people do this to us. I also am originally from the East Coast. I was born in Connecticut, and have family there and in New York. A cousin actually who worked in the second building that was hit. An Uncle who worked close to WTC. My husband and I visited the WTC site two years ago, and I'm glad we did. This is an exceprt from a speech President George W. Bush gave, and I've always admired these words:

"Great harm has been done to us. We have suffered great loss. And in our grief and anger we have found our mission and our moment. Freedom and fear are at war. The advance of human freedom -- the great achievement of our time, and the great hope of every time -- now depends on us. Our nation, this generation will lift a dark threat of violence from our people and our future. We will rally the world to this cause by our efforts, by our courage. We will not tire, we will not falter, and we will not fail."

I hope everyone takes time out of their day today to say a prayer for the victims and their families.

NEVER FORGET.

No comments:

Post a Comment