This is just my little blog on lots of big things. I'm 27 and happily married to a darling man that I'm honored to call my husband. I've been diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis which has put a damper on starting a family. So here you will read about my struggles with my health, infertility, my relationship with my husband, and most importantly..my relationship with God and how day by day he is guiding me in a life that I'm proud to live.




Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

I'm so lucky to have such an amazing Dad. I don't really need one day out of the year to be thankful for him. I'm thankful for him everyday. I think almost everyday, I'm reminded sometimes in little ways, sometimes in big ways, just how much my Dad changed my life.

He may not have given me life, but he's made my life better in so many ways. So in a way, he did give me life.

I was five years old when my mom met him. I remember the first time I met him. He played with me a lot, I quoted probably every line from "The Little Mermaid", even brushed the "dinglehopper" through my hair, and showed off my PJ Sparkles doll that earlier that day I screamed bloody murder for in the store, it was an expensive doll that my mom couldn't afford, but I think out of embarrassment from all the looks she was getting, I got the doll. I remember jumping up and down on the couch and saying "Are you gonna marry us??". Aww. I think back to that little girl sometimes, and how much I wanted a real dad. I'm not going to sit here and bad mouth the biological dad (I don't even really like referring to him that way), but he in no way has been a good father figure. Drugs and alcohol have played a huge part in his life, as well as mental illness. So, I like to think that God sent my Dad to my mom and I, He knew we deserved so much better.

So on June 2, 1990, we became a family. I remember a lot about that day, but mostly how excited I was to have a Dad. Plus, I got an awesome bonus family. Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles..and A LOT of cousins! I had so many little girls my age to play with! Also, the next summer, I got a baby brother!

I hear stories about girls that grew up with either no father figure, or just no father at all and my heart really aches for them. I realize how different my life could have turned out, and I thank God for blessing me.

My Dad is hilarious, hard working, loving, compassionate, honest, handsome, and still so young at heart. Well, he's not old in the first place, but you know what I mean :) Not to mention, he served our country for over twenty years, and did a damn good job at it.

Thank you Dad, for everything you have done, and still continue to do for me. I love you more than you'll ever know.


1 comment:

  1. Tiff, this is so sweet. I agree, you dad is AWESOME! He's been such a blessing to you and your mom.

    I laughed reading about PJ Sparkles. Do you really remember that day? I sure do! ;-)

    ReplyDelete