This is just my little blog on lots of big things. I'm 27 and happily married to a darling man that I'm honored to call my husband. I've been diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis which has put a damper on starting a family. So here you will read about my struggles with my health, infertility, my relationship with my husband, and most importantly..my relationship with God and how day by day he is guiding me in a life that I'm proud to live.




Wednesday, June 8, 2011

One Month Post Surgery

Tomorrow will be one month since surgery. What a month it has been! I never expected my recovery to be this hard, but it can only get better from here, right? Let's hope so! It's definitely been the hardest recovery yet. Not that I'm like a surgery expert or anything, but this is my third one, and my second for endometriosis. The first one feels like a cinch compared to this. But then again, that one lasted an hour, and they basically just burned the endo off, which ended up being the worst thing for me. This one was four hours, they lasered off ALL the endo, cut the nerves to the uterus, resurfaced the uterus, a hysteroscopy to remove the pre-cancerous cells, and a D&C to totally clean out the cervix. Whew! Yeah, I'm a champ and you know it. :)

The incisions are healing beautifully I'm proud to say. The bleeding is still an issue, I'm not happy to say. The good thing about it, is that it stopped for a few days, and then my period started on time. As much as it sucks to be bleeding again, not to mention the horrible cramping because everything is still healing, it's good that my cycles weren't messed up, which they told me would probably happen. I love it when Dr's are wrong about that kind of stuff :) So, even though it sucks to be dealing with it again, it's good because this way I'll be able to chart my cycle and know when I'm ovulating and all that fun stuff. I was worried I would be out of whack for awhile and not be able to tell when all of that was going on. I'm pretty in sync with my body and can tell when I'm ovulating. But, being the control freak that I am, I'm stocked up on those fancy little ovulation tests so we can get this baby train moving.

I was able to have a nice date night with the hubby before my period started. We are huge sushi lovers and went to our favorite place in Fresno and ate way too much. But it had been awhile since we had sushi, so it was fun to go overboard a bit. We watched "The Hangover 2" afterwards and of course laughed our bootys off. We also bought a new couch! Yay! I'm so excited about the changes we're doing to our home, and my hubby is so cute doing all of it. He says he's "getting the house ready for our baby". Aww..he's the bestest. It was very exciting to pick out a couch, my first time ever! David already had a new couch when we got married and I moved in. Unfortunately it was very light colored, and microfiber. It had a good run, but it would only last so long with a family of four, plus a cat. Yeah, no animals allowed on the new one. We bought that spray so to keep them off so it can stay nice. Plus it's dark, so I don't want to be vaccuming hair everyday. We should be able to pick it up next week, so totally looking forward to putting my living room back together, and redecorating. I've already bought some cute stuff to hang on the walls.

We stayed the night at my mother in law's house Saturday night since we planned on doing our big grocery shopping Sunday afternoon. That didn't work out too well. I had been cramping off and on for the past few days, and Sunday it got pretty bad. We were out to lunch at Red Robin before heading to Winco, and it started getting so bad, we ended up leaving the restaurant and heading home. Not long after we got home, the flood gates opened and hasn't stopped since. I started getting scared again because the bleeding has just been so heavy, it doesn't seem normal to me. Plus, having anxiety doesn't help. I lay there and think "Omg, I'm going to hemorrhage to death". So far it hasn't yet, lol. David's been taking good care of me of course. My weight seems to be stuck around 100 ever since surgery. I was about 107 before, and the morning of surgery was right at 100. Ever since the highest I can get it up is 102. My appetite just isn't what it was. So, he's been making me eat lots of healthy stuff, and forcing me to drink those yucky (I mean..yummy) nutritional supplement drinks that they say tastes like a chocolate shake. Um, yeah right. In-n-Out would disagree I think. Along with taking tons of vitamins, hopefully I start to get my strength back, and gain a few pounds too.



Aren't we cute? Can I just add how PROUD I am of my man? He's lost like, 30 lbs since January. Work it!





Yumm...Sushi!!





Our new couch..SO excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment