This is just my little blog on lots of big things. I'm 27 and happily married to a darling man that I'm honored to call my husband. I've been diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis which has put a damper on starting a family. So here you will read about my struggles with my health, infertility, my relationship with my husband, and most importantly..my relationship with God and how day by day he is guiding me in a life that I'm proud to live.




Saturday, October 1, 2011

Disney Challenge #6

#6: Favorite Animal

So..this is a hard one. Considering there's animals in like pretty much every Disney movie. But, I go with what first pops into my head. Are you ready to meet someone so sweet and love able, you would definitely adopt him off the streets of New York City?





Why, it's Oliver of course. This is actually the first Disney movie I remember seeing. I had to look up the release date because I know it came out before Little Mermaid, and I was like 5 when that came out, so it was crazy to me that I remembered something from before that. Sure enough it was November 18, 1988..only one day away from my fourth birthday..and I'm sure my mom probably took me for my birthday. I used to feel kind of spoiled by Disney and I think it's one thing that started my love for them was that the new movies always would come out around my birthday. Little Mermaid was November of 1989, then Beauty & The Beast in November of 1991 (You don't even want to know how many times my dad took me to see that one in the theater..ha!)..anyway, I think it made me feel special :)

Oliver is just soo adorable! All he wants is an owner who loves him and plays with him and sure enough he finds that in Jenny, a lonely little girl who adopts him. Oliver runs into some crazy shenanigans on the way, but he eventually gets everything he wants. He's love able and sweet, and orange. My favorite kind of kitty :) Plus, just like one of the songs in the movie says, "He's steet smart, he's got New York City heart." Love. I had my very own Jenny moment about 10 years ago, when on a rainy night, I heard meowing while driving with my boyfriend at the time. We were stopped at a stop sign at the end of a street and I heard meows, so we had to stop. Sure enough there were two brand new kittens that someone had dumped in the gutter. One was orange, one black and white. We took them to his mom's house and dried them off and fed them and gave them a comfy bed to sleep in. The black and white one hadn't even opened her eyes yet so you can just imagine how tiny they were. I of course fell in love with the little bitty orange guy, and he ended up being my mom's "Mother's Day Gift" that next day, which was Mother's Day 2001. I brought him home and of course my family fell in love with the "precious" little guy, he was so tiny and defenseless. Ha! If you only knew! That cat grew up to be the craziest one you'd ever meet. But we still love him..my very own little Oliver.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment