This is just my little blog on lots of big things. I'm 27 and happily married to a darling man that I'm honored to call my husband. I've been diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis which has put a damper on starting a family. So here you will read about my struggles with my health, infertility, my relationship with my husband, and most importantly..my relationship with God and how day by day he is guiding me in a life that I'm proud to live.




Sunday, September 27, 2009

A "Mass"?

What exactly does that mean? I've had cysts on my ovaries since February..that I know of. An ultrasound was done and the Dr said they were small and would most likely shed off during my next period. I have really painful periods and am stubborn and always put off going to the Dr in that specific area, so I finally went in July. They ordered another ultrasound and they cysts had grown. So my OB put me on birth control for six weeks, then wanted another ultrasound done to see if they had shrunk any. So last week I went for my ultrasound, and yesterday I got the results. It really freaked me out because when I called the Dr's office for the results, they immediately got the Dr on the phone..which never happens. Usually I call, explain the reason for my call and they say "OK we'll leave him a note and he'll return your call shortly." This was on a busy Friday..I know how that office gets..and it's a madhouse. But they connected me straight through to him, and he said it doesn't look like a cyst anymore. It's gotten bigger and looks like it's not just on the ovary, like it's spread. A mass is what he said. What does that mean? How am I supposed to take this news?

Is it cancer? Is it something that will require surgery and possibly the removal of my reproductive parts? I just don't know how to deal with this news. I go in on Wednesday for a CT scan of the pelvic area and will know more then, but I just don't know how much more I can take of this. I don't understand why it has to be so hard. How come drug addicts and people who don't even take care of their kids end up with them, and yet I struggle and struggle and go through test after test and nothing. I don't know what I'm going to do until Wednesday..and I probably won't even get the results that day either..it will probably be another few days before the Dr gets ah old of the films and reviews it. Please pray for patience for me and that this isn't anything serious. If it is something that requires surgery, just pray that they don't have to take anything like my ovaries, and that whatever it is will give me relief and take the pain away during my periods. I appreciate all the prayers I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment