This is just my little blog on lots of big things. I'm 27 and happily married to a darling man that I'm honored to call my husband. I've been diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis which has put a damper on starting a family. So here you will read about my struggles with my health, infertility, my relationship with my husband, and most importantly..my relationship with God and how day by day he is guiding me in a life that I'm proud to live.




Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Disney Challenge: #1

#1: Favorite Character

Okay..kind of a hard one. I mean, I have so many, how can I pick just one? I mean there's the obvious, Mickey Mouse. After all "It all started with a mouse..". Then there's the princesses, I've become very partial to Rapunzel these days, but have always been a huge Cinderella fan. Then there's the character that I'm known for loving, Tinkerbell. Which, I must add, I've been a huge fan before she was all over the place. I remember when it was actually quite hard to find Tinkerbell merchandise. But whatever, you can borrow her if you'd like. But there's one character I find sort of underated. Maybe because she's in a live version film. Maybe because, she's not exactly all glamorous and frilly. She's not searching for a prince. But damn straight if you won't take your color changing cough medicine from her at night and be tucked in your beds on Cherry Tree Lane..

Do you know who I'm talking about yet? (I hope you do..if you don't..maybe you should leave)




Since Blogger isn't letting me upload pictures for some reason, I added a video instead. They're better anyway :)

Mary Poppins. She's beautiful. She's magical. She's strict. Girlfriend owns it. I remember being so amazed by this movie at a young age. In fact, I vividly remember trying to clean my room the way the Banks children did, by just a snap of the fingers. Kind of dissappointed when it didn't work. But that never stopped me from believing in the magic that is Mary Poppins. I can still recite the words to every song, and I'll probably be forever on the hunt for that magic bag that she pulls things out of.

I was lucky enough to be able to see Mary Poppins on Broadway (The REAL Broadway, as in NYC..The Great White Way..) in June of 2008 when my hubby & I visited New York. It was incredible. Disney definitely never disappoints, and they go all out in their Broadway shows. Words can't describe how in love with it I was. The ending had me in tears. I won't ruin it in case any of you are lucky to catch it..but it's definitely got a lot of magic going on in the very last scene, you will find yourself asking "How did they do THAT?"

I will always have a soft spot for Julie Andrews. I think she is elegant and beautiful and a true star. I got to see her at Disneyland once, for the 50th Anniversary Celebrations, she unveiled the castle that they had under a tarp for like a year prior because they were adding things to it. It was so very crowded, and I didn't really know everything that was going on. They had some speakers like Michael Eisner, Leann Rimes sang, and then out walks Julie Andrews and my mouth dropped. Immediately tears started flowing and I just remember thinking "That's Mary Poppins!". Of course I know her other movies too, but Mary is what I think of first when I see her. I find her very comforting, and she reminds me of a simpler time in life. I find it very sad that they don't make movies like this anymore, and probably never will. So, it's a good thing I have this huge collection of Disney movies to remind me that there will always be some magic in life..


Mary makes the sun shine bright..

No comments:

Post a Comment