This is just my little blog on lots of big things. I'm 27 and happily married to a darling man that I'm honored to call my husband. I've been diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis which has put a damper on starting a family. So here you will read about my struggles with my health, infertility, my relationship with my husband, and most importantly..my relationship with God and how day by day he is guiding me in a life that I'm proud to live.




Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Disney Challenge: #3

#3: Favorite Heroine

This was kind of a hard one to think of. I mean, I've seen all the animated Disney movies, and most of the live action ones. Well, except for those lame direct to dvd ones..you know "Santa Buddies" and all that crap. Sorry, but it is. It's just a quick way to make a buck, and it goes against everything I believe Disney should stand for. I do no think those, or the lame sequels to the animated classics would have been made if my dear Walt were still with us. Anyway..on to the heroine.

I thought long and hard about this. Mom, I think you're gonna love it. Try not to cry because I know what you'll be thinking of when you read it.

My favorite heroine is..Miss Bianca from The Rescuers. The reason I know my mom will love it, is because she literally has a Miss Bianca ornament from McDonalds that hangs on her tree every year, and I've had it since I was like four years old. It's so very cute, actually well made from felt, and classy like Miss Bianca is herself. It doesn't show very much wear and tear, but it's become quite a nostalgic item in our (well, my parents) household and she still won't part with it to let me hang on my own Christmas Tree. Oh well, I guess it's like a part of me is on their tree when we can't be together for Christmas.

The Rescuers was a great movie, one of the first I remember watching on VHS. I adore Bianca and Bernard, and just the whole storyline is very touching. I got to see the United Nations when I was in NYC last summer and I couldn't help but wonder if maybe there was a secret Resuce Aide Society Meeting going on..

Bianca is like me in some ways I think.
She's prissy, and well-dressed (Duh..totally like me!) but never shies away from an adventure (Me too) Miss Bianca is a refined rodent (Not so much) who is unflappable in the face of danger (Ehh..I do ok sometimes) She may seem a little frosty, but leaps to the aid of a young orphan who is held captive on a steam ship. I won't ruin the ending, I know not all of you are as hip on the Disney films as I am :)
Such a tiny little thing, who does such a huge thing by getting that poor little girl Penny out of a bad situation, all while still being fabulous. Powdering her nose, and spraying herself with perfume. You can be a little hottie and still help save some orpahns ya know! Now if only I could find that cute little hat and coat!


No comments:

Post a Comment